Successful take off – Akerberg Thomas Launched their iHR business
On Thursday 18th May 2017 we launched our i-HR business Akerberg Thomas. We held it at a Scandinavian restaurant called Aquavit in a newly developed space between St. James and Haymarket in central London. It certainly set the right tone to what was to be a splendid evening attended by some very interesting, successful and supportive people.
The evening started at 6pm and by 7pm the room was packed luckily we had booked the entire upstairs space but we were thrilled that so many were able to venture through the miserable torrential rain to be with us.
We understand that business and HR leaders are being pressed to rewrite the rules for how they organize, recruit, develop, manage, and engage the 21st-century workforce. This workforce is changing. It’s more digital, more global, diverse, automation-savvy, and social media proficient. At the same time, business expectations, needs, and demands are evolving faster than ever before. Some would view this as challenges, but we see this as opportunities about what we believe is going to be the way HR is delivered now and in the future.
In our brief presentation to everyone about what it is that Akerberg Thomas really does? We spoke about our whole people solution for businesses today and for tomorrow – what we call ihr. Whether you are large or small, whether you need a full holistic approach, one off advice or project. We are more than just HR we are about consulting and strategy which all involve people.
Our uniqueness is that we have total flexibility and best in class expertise – we are your one single point of contact for all your hr needs for today and for tomorrow.
Perhaps you need assistance when conducting effective people due diligence on proposed M&A or a robust strategy to ensure you have a workforce in place for the future? Maybe you need to develop the leaders to lead the business better or your HR department needs temporary specialist needs or projects.
- offering services that’s totally flexible to the needs of your business
- flexibility for the people that work for us and for you – (fitting in with your timetable
- flexibility on how we procure our services and expertise to you (bringing in our partners perhaps to help you deliver a difficult message or help you with a unique role to fill in an awkward location.
- flexibility on the scope and depth that you require (couple of months intensive project work) or one off cycle events (talent management or an engagement surveys)
We can provide people solutions globally, regionally and locally whether you have a people issue in Nizhny Novgorod, Istanbul or even Preston!
Our vision is to be your iHR people partner
Our approach is that we look at the people needs and requirements of your business today.
- we develop a solution or approach which is aligned to you and your business –
We listen to your challenges and concerns, priorities and KPIs, and then together we provide the best in class expertise to give you what you want which is to grow, attract, and retain your top talent in order to help you grow and exceed your business goals.
- we ensure that your iHR requirements are delivered for you today and will be relevant in the tomorrow.
Our legacy is to enable your people for tomorrow today.
Thank you all for joining the event!
Magnus Åkerberg Emma Thomas
Chairman Managing Director
Co-Founders of Åkerberg Thomas